Bike the cobblestone covered streets uncovering Ålesund’s Art Nouveau architecture before hiking to Sugar Summit on this Norway hike and bike tour. Two fun tours in one!
These are My Master Classes
Book Jon for private tutorial sessions, for your family, group, club, or organization. He has a wealth of experience instructing in every educational setting.
Secure your Master Class dates with Jon, a € 300 deposit will secure your dates and the balance of fees will be due upon finalizing your custom Master Class. Let us know what you want to learn or which skills you want perfect, and we will get back to you with a personalized quote!
Master Class – The Art of Sea Kayaking
Sea Kayak Knowledge and Skills
Improve any aspect of your sea kayaking with a private master class. Choose the any skill(s) that you what to progress and arrange a master class with Jon.
Keep it safe!
“I don’t need a lesson; anyone can paddle a kayak…”
- What will happen if you capsize?
- What can you do to avoid a capsize?
- Have you considered the affects of cold water immersion?
- How about ocean currents?
- Is seamanship a word you truly understand?
- What should be considered when paddling in a larger group?
Make it fun!
- Knowledge dispels fear.
- Great gear can enhance a trip – but what is great gear?
- How do you use currents in your favor?
- How do you determine a great paddling route?
Skill and Efficiency!
Perhaps anyone can paddle a kayak….but
- How do you paddle a kayak efficiently?
- How do you use less energy at a greater speed?
- Can you move sideways – quickly?
- Can you lean on the edge of your kayak?
- Why would you want to edge your kayak?
- Do you know paddle strokes that eliminate the need for a rudder?
- How about rolling your kayak? It takes practice but what a wonderful self-rescue!
- Learn proper ways to paddle your kayak.
- Understand the power of the ocean and the limitations of the craft and yourself.
- Discover how to make sea kayaking safe and fun.
Master Class – Creating Magical Day Trips
The Design and Creation of Magical Day Trips
Design and create magical day trips for your company or town.
Jon will explore your area; design and systemize a day trip.
I am Jon Bendiksen
Norway’s most accomplished sea kayak guide, I have logged 2480 guiding days on class 1- 4 seas (IFSKGIA/NHKGIF) all along Norway’s fjord indented coastline. I am a certified IFSKGIA Senior Guide & Instructor as well as an accredited IFSKGIA examiner.
I pioneered commercial sea kayaking in Norway by designing legendary trips and leading sea kayaks trips from the Lofoten Islands all the way down through the western fjords and as far south as Kristiansand.
My unique perspective on the Outdoor Industry comes from designing and leading outdoor adventure trips for over 3 decades. I have an unrivaled insight into Norway’s adventure travel industry; by having designed and operated Norway’s first active travel trips and tours I have carved a path right from the industry’s budding infancy through to present day. My pioneering work in the Norwegian outdoors began in the mid 1990’s where I founded Sea Kayak Lofoten and opened the first and to this day only sea kayak center in the Lofoten Islands.
As the first internationally certified sea kayak guide leading trips in the Lofoten Islands, I have paddled over 10 000 miles through this archipelago, circumnavigated them over a dozen times and guided over 5000 guests on spectacular Lofoten trips.
In 2002, I opened Sea Kayak Geiranger, the first sea kayak center in Geiranger and Fjord Norway. Here, I designed, implemented, and systemized a sea kayak cruise passenger excursion, enabling Kayak More Tomorrow to be the first company to offer a watersports excursion in Norway. This program grew in popularity and in 2013 at the height of its prominence we paddled with over 7000 cruise passengers in a single season.
I mastered an in-depth understanding of the fjords and the mountains surrounding them, making me an unparalleled expect when it comes to safely planning a sea kayak trip through the fjords. Having logged over 10 000 miles paddling the fjords, I have amassed voluminous detailed information on these waterways which I have complied so that our outfitting groups can enjoy a fun, safe fjord paddle.
I ventured into Ålesund in 2014 and established the first ever sea kayak and watersports center in the heart of the Art Nouveau city. Ålesund was a natural progression from the fjords for me, as the city was the staging site for our immensely popular 5-Day World Famous Western Fjords, Ålesund – Geiranger, trips. And, with weekly departures from the city for over 10 years I had ample opportunity to uncover Ålesund’s potential as an outdoor adventure venue. During my tenure in Ålesund I designed and guided every adventure trip and excursion available in the city today.
I have comprehensive knowledge and expertise in these areas of the outdoor industry:
– Designing and Guiding Day Trips
– Self-Guided Multi- Day Rentals
– Hourly Rentals
– Designing and Guiding Multi-Day Guided Trips
– Designing and Systemizing Cruise Passenger Excursions
– Designing and Instructing Sea Kayak & SUP Courses
– Designing and Instructing Guide Leadership Courses
– Founder – Sea Kayak Guide School
– Designing and Guiding Private Guided Sea Kayak Tours
– Head Guide Duties and responsibilities